Welcome to Our Family Circus. We'll try to post regular updates to keep everyone informed.

Saturday, January 19

A Quick Trip to Arizona

We found out there is a new dental school in Arizona. In fact, it is so new that the actual building isn't done being built. The first class starts in the Fall. We felt like I should go down there and visit with them and get a feel for the campus. I had big plans to meet with the director of admissions, and the dean of the dental school but my attempts were unsuccessful (I tried). Overall I do think the trip was a success because I did meet an admissions counselor, took a tour of the campus, and got a good idea of what I need to do. That was on Friday.

Let's rewind to Thursday. I left early in the morning and drove through the day only stopping twice for gas and a pit stop (we all didn't go because it probably would have taken two days to get there with the little ones). I arrived in Glendale, AZ around 4pm and thought since I had a little time, I would stop by the Mesa Temple visitor's center (hereafter VC) and see if I could catch Sister Millburn at work. Traffic was a mess (I think I'll hold off complaining too much about Salt Lake's traffic problems) and I arrived at the temple grounds around 6pm. Unfortunately for me, the visitor's center was closed for a special event. I was able to talk with one of the senior sisters who informed me that Sister Millburn was no longer at the VC but was now a "full field" missionary as of Wednesday. She did tell me that if I came back around 7pm that I might catch see her because the sisters were all coming to the VC to help with the event.

After a trip to Denny's I went back to the VC and waited. It was a little uncomfortable because I was standing in lobby and was the only person with out a suit on. I was about to leave and Sister Millburn walked through the door with her companion. After the initial shock, I got a VIP tour of the VC and the new Reflections of Christ exhibit. A local LDS photographer recruited some help and took pictures of various scenes from Christ's life. They also had a 30 minute making of video that gave some further insight to the project. The exhibit was great and very moving. It was fun to see Hootie and where she has spent her time proclaiming the gospel. She is doing great and asked about everyone. Several of the other sisters commented about what a good missionary she is. She has the spirit with her and I'm sure has touched many lives. I did get a few pictures so enjoy.

They had some members of the shooting cast
in costume (note how tall that Roman soldier is)

Jessica and I in the front lobby of the VC

One more.

No comments: